Signs of A Magician
Don't be surprised to find a magician wearing a taub and with long white beard, tasbih one hand and mushaf in the other- it is only a disguise and a mockery of this deen.
1. If they ask for your mother's maiden name, date of birth, sweaty clothes, hair, blood, nails, hanker chief, then definitely avoid them, only sorcerers ask for that
Note: This is one definate way of exposing the sahir. the mother's name is compleatly useless to the raqi, where as a magician needs it because the jinns who work for him will ask him. Also measuring the length of a clothes to determine if the person is affected with jinn, magic or evil eye= using jinns
2. If they say they have righteous Jinn helping them, then leave them, there is absolutely no way to know if a Jinn is righteous or devil, it would be a devil tricking the exorcists or more common he is a sorcerer seeking devils help
Note: If a raqi does have muslim jinns helping him fight the kuffar jinns, then a raqi will not call the jinns for help or claim to have control over it, rather he will ask Allah to send the mujahideen jinns to kill the kafir jinn inside etc or the muslim jinns will come out of thier own accord.
3. If they write any symbols or unreadable text with or without some verses of the Quran, then leave them (taweez)
Note: Magician for sure.
4. If they use sands in anyway (writing on it, hitting it, walking over it, etc.)
Note: Weird irrational behavior
5. If they ask you to do weird things like slaughtering a black animal or carrying some talismans with you all the time or hiding them in far places
Note: At this point alarm bells should be ringing. If your not out the place by then, then u must have a mental illness or something!!!
6. If they don't attend the regular prayers at the Masjid, usually sorcerers like to be alone, so please ask about them in the Masjid before contacting them.
Note: Not necessarily true. i know a magican who is a mufti and imam of a masjid in Luton.
7. If they demand lots of money for their service, then leave them, usually righteous exorcists do this service for free and don't accept gifts in exchange, some of them however charge reasonable amount of money for their time to be able to help others
Note: Some magicians will say the more you pay me the "better" taweez i can give you, while others just ask you to leave a donation on your way out... both are worse as each other.
Allah knows best!